Sessions will enable a sharing of experiences in national accountability, a cornerstone of effective accountability, and discuss the role of the Regional Commissions and the Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD) in coordinating support for strengthened capacity. Based on a sharing of best practices from existing Asia-Pacific regional accountability mechanisms, the form and future format of the APFSD as a leading regional accountability platform linking the national, regional and global level mechanisms will be investigated. Sessions will further deliberate on how a renewed global partnership for the post-2015 development agenda can learn from the past and be grounded in an effective accountability framework, based on inclusive participation of all stakeholders. Finally, new approaches in philanthropic engagements will be shared by leaders in the field to accentuate the growing role the private sector, philanthropic organizations, and foundations will have in delivering on the post-2015 development agenda, and strengthen the links between the public, private and civil society sectors.
A Chair’s Summary of the Regional Consultation on Accountability for the Post-2015 Development Agenda will be transmitted to the Secretary-General by mid-October 2014 to inform his Synthesis Report that would launch the intergovernmental negotiations on the post-2015 development agenda.
– The President of the UN General Assembly Interactive Dialogue on Monitoring and Accountability for Post-2015 Development Agenda session page (http://post2015.iisd.org/events/interactive-dialogue-on-monitoring-and-a…)
– Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development event page (http://www.unescap.org/events/apfsd/ )
– High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development( http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/index.php?menu=1556)
– Information Note for ESCAP 70th Commission Session information note (http://www.unescap.org/commission/information-note/)
- Concept Note: Regional Consultation on Accountability for the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Draft Background Note by the Secretariat: Regional Consultation on Accountability for the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- UNDG Paper on Participatory Accountability Mechanisms P2015 for Asia-Pacific
- Chair Summary for the Asia-Pacific Regional Consultation on Accountability for the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Background Note for the Asia-Pacific Regional Consultation on Accountability for the Post-2015 Development Agenda